Chris Martin flies DJ in for Gwyneth's birthday
Chris Martin flew his favourite DJ to France to play at wife Gwyneth Paltrow's 40th birthday party.
The Oscar-winning actress was celebrating reaching the milestone on Saturday (29.09.12) so her rocker husband paid thousands of pounds for DJ Kayper to spin some tracks at the bash on a luxury boat.
The female spinner - real name Kaajal Bakrania - is one of the best scratch DJs around and Chris told her he had booked her because he and Gwyneth were such huge fans of her radio show.
Guests at the party in Nice, in the South of France, included U2 frontman Bono and actor Simon Pegg and as well as hiring DJ Kayper, Chris also impressed his wife by singing Take That's 'Back For Good' to her.
Chris and Gwyneth have been married for almost nine years and have two children - Apple, eight, and six-year-old Moses - together and the blonde beauty recently revealed they have not ruled out having more kids.
She said: ''My brain says, 'Oh, I think I'm done, the kids are so big now, and I don't want to go back to changing diapers.' But a part of me would love to have another. Of course, I'm old now!''02-10-2012
- Hewitt: Running gave me a beautiful butt - 23 May 2013
- Lily Aldridge and baby join Kings of Leon on tour - 23 May 2013
- Chastain was anxious about Taylor's necklace - 23 May 2013
- Paradis isn't bitter about split from Depp - 23 May 2013
- Billie Faiers' stroppy teenage years - 23 May 2013
- Amelia to keep X Factor audition shoes forever - 23 May 2013
- Made in Brixton gets green light - 23 May 2013
- JLS and Beach Boys to headline A Day at the Park - 23 May 2013