McCartney's family in awe of Johnny Depp
Sir Paul McCartney's family get nervous when Johnny Depp comes to visit.
The Beatles legend says his wife Nancy and his fashion designer daughter Stella McCartney act very unnaturally when the handsome 'Edward Scissorhands' actor stops by his house, and even he feels the need to smarten up for his ''special guest''.
Paul told The Sun newspaper: ''John - if I can just drop a name there - comes visiting quite a lot. It's cool. I had my daughter and her husband and the kids staying there recently, and my little one Beatrice.
''I said to them all, 'By the way, Johnny Depp is coming round'. They all perked up - 'Oh yeah?' I said, 'Yeah, he's coming round tomorrow'. That morning I come into breakfast and the first guy coming in is Mary's husband, and I say, 'You look very smart today'.
''Then Nancy comes in, she's all smartened up - make-up, you know. Normally, everyone bowls in bleary-eyed. Then suddenly they are all laughing at me because I'm in a waistcoat and I've done it too - subconsciously made a real effort. Everyone, Beatrice, all smartly dressed for our special guest.''
The 70-year-old singer also revealed Johnny - who recently appeared in Paul's music video for 'My Valentine' - is a talented musician and when the Hollywood star comes around the pair like to chat about music and jam on their guitars together.
He added: ''Johnny comes in like he's an old cowboy. He just hung out, it was really nice. He brought me this funky little guitar as a gift. He's a really decent player. Before he was an actor, when he was about 17, he was in a group.''24-11-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013