Julianne Hough 'abused' as a child
Julianne Hough has revealed she was abused as a child.
The 'Rock of Ages' star - who is in long-term relationship with 'American Idol' presenter Ryan Seacrest - claims she was ''abused mentally, physically, everything'' after moving to London from her native Utah to study dance as a youngster.
The 24-year-old actress told Cosmopolitan magazine: ''I was 10-years-old looking like I was 28, being a very sensual dancer.
''I was a tormented little kid who had to put on this sexy facade because that was my job and my life. But my heart was the same, and I was this innocent little girl. I wanted so much love.
''While I was in London, I was abused mentally, physically, everything.''
The former 'Dancing With The Stars' performer admitted that things got much worse when she hit puberty.
She said: ''When I started hitting puberty, when I started becoming a woman and stopped being a little girl.
''I was told if I ever went back to the United States, three things were going to happen.
''One: I was going to amount to nothing. Two: I was going to work at Whataburger. And three: I was going to end up a slut. So it was like, I can't go back, I have to be this person.''
Julianne, who managed to escape the abuse at the age of 15, said she felt she couldn't tell her parents because she didn't ''want to be a burden'' but doesn't want people to pity her.
She said: ''I didn't talk unless I was spoken to. I would look over to see if it was okay if I answered. I was perfect - perfect to a fault.
''I don't want pity. To me it's more about being that voice for people who don't necessarily have a voice. I'm a very forgiving person, and I don't want to hurt anybody. What's past is past.''02-01-2013
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013