Josh Brolin: 'I used to smoke heroin'
Josh Brolin used to smoke heroin.
The 'Gangster Squad' actor admitted he was out of control in his teenage years when he got caught up with narcotics and crime but says filming 'The Goonies' saved him because he enjoyed working on movies too much to get completely addicted.
He told Men's Journal: ''What'd I spend the money on? Drums and drugs. What else was there?
''I was the last guy to get into heroin - I smoked it - and the first to get out. I was around 16 or 17, so it was around the time of 'The Goonies'. But I liked working and learning, so it was very difficult for me to lend myself to that drug completely.
''I stole a lot of radios from cars. I could pop the detail with a coat hanger real easy. I got very good at it. I can still do it today. I could do it like that.''
Josh, 44, who was arrested for public intoxication in Santa Monica, Los Angeles on New Year's Day (01.01.13), also revealed he served time in jail after getting involved in a brawl.
He said: ''When I was 19 a fight broke out, and when the police came, I fought the police. I was pretty drunk. To this day, I have no idea what the fight was about. I woke up in jail. The police were very angry with me. Very angry. They kicked my ass really well. I was looking at a long time in prison. So, basically, I put everything I had - everything I had earned from a TV series I did - into lawyers. I did a bit of jail time. Not much, but a little bit.''10-01-2013
- Bieber handed legal letter by paparazzo - 19 Jun 2013
- Hayden Panettiere drinks in Santa's Pub - 19 Jun 2013
- Paris Jackson testifies in court case - 19 Jun 2013
- Brad Pitt would party through apocalypse - 19 Jun 2013
- Lauren Branning to be hospitalised for drinking - 19 Jun 2013
- Daniel Radcliffe to be a Bond villain? - 19 Jun 2013
- Helen Flanagan 'nervous wreck' after burglary - 19 Jun 2013
- Julian Rhind-Tutt in frame for Doctor Who role - 19 Jun 2013