Kevin Bacon likes being noticed
Kevin Bacon hates not being recognised.
The 54-year-old actor once had a prosthetic disguise made so he could go out in public without being bothered, but didn't enjoy the fact he wasn't treated differently to others.
He said: ''Fame is very much a double-edged sword. I had a prosthetic disguise made, because I wanted to see what it would be like not to be recognised. I didn't like it very much - no one was nice to me. People didn't bother me, but they also looked right through me.''
The 'Footloose' star - who has children Travis, 23, and Sosie, 20, with wife Kyra Sedgwick - also slammed actors who claim they don't want to be famous, because he says that is the motivation for everyone in his profession.
He told The Observer magazine: ''Actors want to be famous. That's what drives us. Don't believe people who say, 'Well, you know, he's an actor, but he's actually really super-shy'. Nonsense.''
And Kevin admits one of his own motivations when he was younger was wanting to be more well-known than his father, who was a prominent figure in their local community.
He said: ''My dad was an architect, and he wasn't a rich guy, but in our little world in Philadelphia he was famous. He loved to see his picture in the paper. I wanted to be more famous than him.''21-01-2013
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013