Burt Reynolds' condition improves
Burt Reynolds is being moved out of intensive care after being struck by a virulent flu bug.
The 'Smokey and the Bandit' actor - who has been battling the illness for days and was ordered by doctors in Florida to seek urgent treatment for ''severe dehydration'' - is said to be on the road to recovery after his fever finally broke on Saturday morning (26.01.13).
A spokesperson for the 76-year-old actor told gossip website TMZ.com that he is being moved out of the ICU and his family are thrilled that his temperature is back to normal after his condition was said to be ''touch and go'' earlier in the week.
The 'Boogie Nights' star was hospitalised on Friday (25.01.13).
Burt previously had a quintuple heart bypass in 2010, and also had to undergo a month of rehab in 2009 for addiction to prescription drugs.
He said at the time: ''I felt that in spite of the fact I am supposedly a big tough guy, I couldn't beat prescription drugs on my own.
''This has been a challenging time for me personally, and I really appreciate the outpouring of love and support from my fans, friends and family.
''I am looking forward to getting back to teaching and working.''
Burt has most recently appeared in sitcom 'Evening Shade', and contributed his voice to animated series 'Archer'.
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013