Burt Reynolds in intensive care
Burt Reynolds is in intensive care after being struck by a virulent flu bug. The 'Smokey and the Bandit' actor has been battling the illness for days, but was ordered by doctors in Florida to seek urgent treatment for ''severe dehydration''.
Doctors remain hopeful the 76-year-old 'Boogie Nights' star will make a full recovery after being hospitalised yesterday (25.01.13).
Referring to his famous facial hair, a spokesperson told E! news: '''He is doing better. They are taking care of him and his moustache.''
Burt previously had a quintuple heart bypass in 2010, and also had to undergo a month of rehab in 2009 for addiction to prescription drugs.
He said at the time: ''I felt that in spite of the fact I am supposedly a big tough guy, I couldn't beat prescription drugs on my own.
''This has been a challenging time for me personally, and I really appreciate the outpouring of love and support from my fans, friends and family.
''I am looking forward to getting back to teaching and working.''
Burt has most recently appeared in sitcom 'Evening Shade', and contributed his voice to animated series 'Archer'.26-01-2013
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013