Sam and Joey reveal secret Christmas split
Sam Faiers and Joey Essex secretly split in December.
The 'Only Way Is Essex' co-stars took a brief break from their relationship when they were going through a ''bad patch'' but the couple were so unhappy apart, they reconciled after just two days.
Sam said: ''We went through a bad patch at Christmas, so we decided to take a break for a few days.''
Joey added: ''It was the right thing to do but we'll never do it again. It was meant to be for a week but after just two days I ended up going to Sam's with a bunch of flowers.''
Despite their difficulties, the pair are confident their relationship is stronger than ever.
Joey added to Now magazine: ''What's kept us together is the fact we know we've had all this pressure on us and all these arguments. If we can go through all that on TV, we're going to be amazing in real life. This series is going to be huge for me and Sam.''
This news comes after Joey broke down in tears during the show's live episode in December due to the pressure of deciding whether or not to propose to Sam.
He decided not to and eventually walked off the show, telling Sam: ''I don't want to talk about marriage no more ... I need to go outside, I can't do this any more.''
'TOWIE' returns to ITV2 on Sunday (24.02.13) at 10pm.19-02-2013
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013