TOWIE gets first black character
'The Only Way is Essex' has its first black character five series into the show.
Danni Park-Dempsey - a friend of Lydia Bright's - has already filmed her first scene having previously been an extra working in Nu Bar on the ITV2 series.
An insider told The Sun: ''Danni is being brought in because she is bubbly, friendly and opinionated, not because of the colour of her skin.
''She is good pals with Lydia and Debbie and will be introduces this way. She has already filmed scenes and can't wait to do more.''
Danni tweeted Debbie - who she calls ''mother'' - last week after she had filmed her first scenes.
She wrote: ''morning mother listened to all ya advice x(sic)''
A number of original character have now left the BAFTA winning series - Mark Wright, Kirk Norcross and Amy Childs have all gone on to pursue other ventures in television.
Sam Faiers has also revealed she may leave the show because she doesn't want to run out of storylines.
Asked if she planned on staying on for a further series, she said: ''I haven't decided yet. I've done five series so there will come a time when I leave.
''I don't want to be there with no new storylines because I've already done everything I can do.''15-05-2012
- Donwton Abbey to end in 2014?
- EastEnders boss threatens to axe cast members
- Jack Whitehall crowned King Of Comedy
- Lydia Bright shocked by Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Helen Flanagan wants to star in Downton Abbey
- Danny Dyer wants to bring back Frank Butcher
- Timothy West to join EastEnders
- Joey Essex wants to duet with Kian Egan