Chris Evans welcomes baby Eli
Chris Evans has become a father for the second time.
The 'One Show' presenter and his wife Natasha Shishmanian welcomed a son at 4.52am this morning (01.06.12) and have named him Eli Alfred Michael Evans.
Writing on twitter he said: ''Eli Alfred Michael Evans says hi ! Can't wait to join you all out there. A nice quiet first day in and then I'll be right with you. Xxx(sic)''
Chris had to dash back from the Hay Festival in Wales to be present at the birth.
He said: ''Once upon a time there was a silly radio DJ who went to Wales when his wife was four days overdue with their second child, thinking that mummy and baby might hang on until he returned from the fantastic 500 words short story final in Hay.
''But of course he was completely wrong as usual and two hours after he arrived he had to beat a hasty retreat to get back to London in time which he did just about.''
Eli will be a younger brother to the couple's two-year-old son Noah.01-06-2012
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting'
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting second child
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell'
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals
- Bruce Forsyth wants Play Your Cards Right return
- Vernon Kay to front music quiz
- Billie Faiers' stroppy teenage years
- Amelia Lily to keep X Factor audition shoes forever