Doctor Who's new companion called Clara?
Doctor Who's new companion is reportedly called Clara.
The Time Lord's latest assistant in the BBC One show - played by Jenna-Louise Coleman - is set to hit screens at Christmas with all details kept under wraps by secretive programme bosses but fans who have watched filming in Wales claim they overheard the Doctor (Matt Smith) calling her Clara.
Hardcore followers have explained the middle name of former assistant Elisabeth Sladen, who died in April 2011, was Clara and bosses could want to honour her with the name of the new character, who replaces Karen Gillen's Amy Pond.
However, show bosses are remaining tight lipped with a source telling The Sun newspaper: ''There is so much interest bosses are really guarded to keep fans guessing.''
Former 'Emmerdale' star Jenna-Louise - who recently played maid Annie Desmond in ITV1's 'Titanic' - has previously revealed she is ''really excited'' about joining the show.
She explained: ''I'm so excited and it's so exciting that the news is finally out too. I knew for about two months and I couldn't tell anyone.
''I can't say anything about my character yet but her first episode is the Christmas special.''01-06-2012
- Elizabeth McGovern begged Fellowes for Downton part
- Coronation Street's Nick to slap Leanne on Christmas Day
- Abbey Clancy to join Loose Women?
- Tina Malone gives birth to baby girl
- Beauty School Cop Outs' Scarlett goes 'nuts' over flirting
- Coronation Street viewers sympathetic towards Roy
- Gary Barlow used autocue for X Factor performance
- Simon Cowell lands 25m pay deal