Alison Steadman wants Gavin Xmas special
Alison Steadman is hopeful there may be a 'Gavin and Stacey' Christmas special.
The 65-year-old actress - who played the role of Pamela in the BBC comedy alongside Mat Horne, James Corden and Ruth Jones - admits she would love to take part in any future instalment of the show but is not confident another series will get made.
Speaking at the Rooftop Film Club screening of her film Life Is Sweet to launch the American Express Preferred Seating Programme 2012, she said: ''I wish, but I honestly don't think so. I haven't been told that, but there certainly wouldn't be another series. What we all hope is there might be a Christmas special.
''But Ruth Jones and James Corden are now flying high and James is winning Tony awards in New York.''
Alison sent James a congratulations message after he won his award for his role in 'One Man Two Guv'Nors' and she reveals he wrote back saying he missed her.
She added: ''I did text him actually when he got the Tony to say congratulations and he texted me back and said, 'Oh Pamela! I miss you. I miss you!' and I thought, 'Well write me in something again!' It would be great, we would love it, but not at the moment anyway.''05-07-2012
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders