Dawn French wants hunky Jesus
Dawn French wants a muscular hunk to play Jesus in Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Jesus Christ Superstar'.
The comedienne has joined Jason Donovan and Lord Lloyd Webber on the judging panel of new ITV1 show 'Superstar' to search for an actor to play the lead role in the rock opera and Dawn insists he has to have the right look.
When asked what her ideal candidate should have, Dawn told Digital Spy: ''A splendid voice and a 26-pack - if there is such a thing! If there was, Jesus would have it.
''I will be looking out for someone who can blow your socks off each night. Plenty of people are very good on stage but few are remarkable.
''I am hoping we will find someone like that.''
The winner will join Melanie Chisholm and Chris Moyles on a huge tour of the UK.
Dawn has previously revealed she will have to watch her swearing on 'Superstar' as she is worried her famously potty mouth will get her in trouble during the live shows.
She said: ''I'm a notoriously rampant swearer and enjoy expletives enormously.
''I'm trying to use up all my foul language now so that I am severely depleted when it comes to the live telly.''
'Superstar' premieres this Saturday (07.06.12) on ITV1.05-07-2012
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders