Ashley Taylor Dawson 'learnt a lot' from Hollyoaks
Ashley Taylor Dawson has ''learnt a lot'' from being in 'Hollyoaks'.
The 30-year-old actor - who is one of the longest-serving cast members on the Channel 4 soap - admits playing Darren Osbourne in the series has been a great experience for the last 13 years, and he has made many friends there.
He said: ''It's very good. I've got some great friends at 'Hollyoaks' and I've learnt a lot from playing Darren - you know, thinks like how not to get stabbed or shot, the simple things in life!''
However, Ashley - who left the soap for a few years when he joined pop group allSTARS* - admits he did struggle with fame when he first came on the soap in 1999.
He added to Soaplife magazine: ''I was single back then and I made the most of it, but I never really enjoyed mixing with people who were only interested in me because of my job.
''My mates loved it though, because they got more attention from girls when they were out with me!''20-07-2012
- Matt Willis joins EastEnders
- Natalie Gumede to pole dance in Strictly Come Dancing final
- Chris Tarrant wants Carol Vorderman to be Who Wants to be a Millionaire host
- Laura Carmichael thrilled for festive break
- Debbie Douglas was glued to I'm A Celeb
- Abbey Clancy: My body is failing me
- Sam Bailey's husband lines up ironing treat
- Dynamo wants to perform trick for Eminem