Chimney sweep Kye supported Scissor Sisters
'X Factor's singing chimney sweep Kye Sones previously supported Scissor Sisters on tour.
The 30-year-old star - who wowed judges with his performance of Rita Ora's 'RIP' on Saturday night (25.08.12) - was previously in band Diagram of the Heart, who opened for the eccentric pop band in the past.
However, they disbanded before releasing an album, and Kye claims despite the previous success he was more nervous than ever auditioning for the ITV show.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''Stepping on to the 'X Factor' stage I felt like I'd never sung before - it was so nerve-wracking. ''That's why the response - from Gary, Louis and two of the hottest women in the world - just knocked my socks off.''
A spokesperson for the show confirmed he would not get any preferential treatment because of his previous success.
The representative said: ''People with raw talent all stand the same chance in the competition, whether they have been in the business before or not.''
This is the first year where people can audition with their own songs or even have management deals in place.28-08-2012
- Lauren Branning to be hospitalised for drinking
- Helen Flanagan 'nervous wreck' after armed burglary
- Julian Rhind-Tutt in frame for Doctor Who role
- David Walliams 'cant believe' he gets paid for BGT
- Olly Murs wants TV role to find love
- Andy Jordan: 'Spencer is a naughty boy'
- BBC splash £15,000 on Tom Jones hotel stay
- Mario Falcone reveals suicide bid