Louis Smith for Strictly Come Dancing?
Louis Smith is set to compete on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The British Olympian - who won a silver medal at the London Olympics in August - is being pursued by BBC bosses who are keen to have the handsome gymnast take part, although he has yet to officially sign on.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Louis captured the hearts of viewers during the Olympics when he burst into tears after his pommel horse performance. Now we want him to win over viewers.
''As an athlete, he is fit and dedicated and would be capable of some amazing dance moves. He is also gorgeous which won't do him any harm when it comes to audience support. He will definitely be one of the show's heartthrobs. He has yet to sign on the dotted line but it's likely when the line-up is announced next week he will be on the list of contestants.''
It would not be the first time Louis has partaken in a reality TV show - he previously auditioned for 'X Factor' in 2009.
This year's 'Strictly' is expected to have one of the strongest line-ups in recent series when it is announced later this months; cyclist Victoria Pendleton, singer Kimberley Walsh, presenter Johnny Ball and Jerry Hall have all been rumoured to be taking part.06-09-2012
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders