Police called to Big Fat Gypsy Wedding filming
Police were called to the filming of 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' after gatecrashers fought with guests.
The Channel 4 television crew was capturing teenage bride Margaret Hanrahan's big day at a hotel in Twickenham, West London for a special show when violence erupted.
Riot police were called as the brawl had got completely out of hand.
One hotel guest, who asked not to be named, told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''There were massive dresses, cars coming and going and then fights. It was intimidating.''
Guests had only been told where the nuptials of Margaret and Miley Doran were being held that morning - but a mob of uninvited travellers found out and turned up at the hotel
They arrived as the DJ was spinning his final tunes and punches were thrown after they were told to leave.
Organiser Sally Cherri said the fight was quickly taken outside.
She said: ''It was a lovely day, despite the incident at the end.''
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed officers attended a disturbance.
'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding has been a huge hit since it was a first aired and has made a massive star out of Paddy Doherty.
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders