Labrinth: 'X Factor doesn't need me'
Labrinth doesn't think 'X Factor' ''needs people'' like him.
The 'Earthquake' hitmaker - who is signed to Simon Cowell's record label Syco - admits he is regularly asked about participation in the talent show, but does not think it would benefit from his input.
Speaking at the MTV Brand New 2013 launch with Armani Diamonds for Vogue's Fashion Night Out, he exclusively told BANG Showbiz: '' I've been asked that question loads in terms of people and stuff saying, 'Would you want to be involved in 'X Factor'?, 'Would you go on and be a judge?'
''But I think 'X Factor' does what it does and I don't think it needs people like me. Imagine Plan B being on 'X Factor' he'd be like, 'That was s**t mate.' That's what I see him doing!''
Discussing Simon, who left the UK version of the show to begin the US adaptation, Labrinth thinks the music mogul was happy to ''catch a fish'' like him because he is very different to his usual reality TV show acts.
He added: ''He's a good guy man. I think Simon got involved with me cause he likes artists that kind of have their own integrity and they control their creativity and he wanted an artist like that.
''For him I was kind of a one-stop-shop I write my own music, I produce my own music, I perform it so it's kind of like you open a box and it does what it does. Yeah I think he was happy about catching a fish like myself.''
- Sharon Osbourne to launch Sam Bailey in US
- Dancing On Ice line-up revealed
- Benedict Cumberbatch 'worried' about Sherlock return
- Mark Wright nearly knocks out John Bishop in celebrity match
- Laura Whitmore: Kian's teamwork clinched I'm A Celeb win
- Amy Childs, Sinitta to take part in The Jump
- Luke Friend frustrated by Rough Copy exit
- Beauty School Cop Outs stars come to blows