Kimberley Walsh gets royal seal of approval
Kimberley Walsh is being backed by Prince Charles on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The Girls Aloud singer got the seal of approval from the heir to the throne and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, after meeting them at an official function at Clarence House yesterday (18.09.12).
She tweeted: ''Afternoon tea with the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House then off to my first dance lesson (sic)!''
She later added: ''Ooh Charles was there too! Camilla said she'll vote for me on 'Strictly'! Ha (sic)!''
Referring to her dancing partner, she then added: ''Right, time to get my dancing shoes on! You ready Pasha Kovalev? (sic)''
The Duchess has long been a fan of 'Strictly' and was invited to the studios last year by judge Craig Revel Horwood.
There she watched the contestants rehearse and met the regular cast, with footage later shown during the programme.
Kimberley, 30, was a guest at Clarence House for an event honouring people who had worked as Diamond Champions ambassadors, who have encouraged people to volunteer for charity WRVS.
Kimberley may have put in a hard day's training ahead of her competitive debut on the show, but was still in a good mood at the end of it, tweeting: ''Hi guys! Still smiling at the end of our first day of rehearsal! Dancing is so much fun!!! (sic)''19-09-2012
- James Jordan wants Strictly judge shake-up
- EastEnders make Mandela tribute
- Joey Essex and Amy Willerton 'closer than friends'
- Gaz Beadle plans 'ultimate reality show'
- Shane Richie finds Christmas filming strange
- Nicole Scherzinger to sing with Sam Bailey?
- Rough Copy voted off 'The X Factor'
- Ashley Taylor Dawson booted off 'Strictly'