Karl Pilkington quits acting
Karl Pilkington has quit acting.
The 'Moaning of Life' star - who shot to fame on Sky1 travel series 'An Idiot Abroad', which was co-created by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant - has decided he's had enough of being in front of the camera, despite still having a small part to play in Channel 4 sitcom 'Derek'.
He said: ''It's not for me. I gave it a go but I didn't like it. I'm doing a little bit in the new 'Derek' but not as much.''
Karl stars as hapless caretaker and bus driver Dougie in Gervais' 'Derek', and while the show has made him appreciate how much he enjoyed travelling around the world in 'An Idiot Abroad', he will not miss having to wear a ''f***ing stupid wig'' for the role.
He added: ''When I did the stuff in 'Derek', I'm in a lock-up in Uxbridge. You're sat in a caravan, waiting to be called ... and I had that f***ing stupid wig on.
''People go, 'Oh, you're quite good in it.' I think I got away with it - it wasn't acting!
''I can put myself in a situation dead easy and get wound up by it, but for me, if you'd said, 'Right, that's brilliant, Karl, [now] do it in Irish' - that to me is a proper actor!
''If you can't do that stuff, then you're not really acting, you're just remembering s**t.''19-09-2013
- Robert Pattinson's sister wows on X Factor
- Mark Wright clashes with Arg and Elliott at cousin's wedding
- Mary Berry wins burping competition
- Doug Potts returns to Emmerdale
- Ola Jordan wants Craig and Bruno off Strictly
- James Argent shed two stone for Lydia Bright
- Rylan Clark lands record deal
- Vicky Pattison to stir things up on Geordie Shore return