Craig Revel Horwood to have hip operation
Craig Revel Horwood is due to have a hip operation.
The 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge will go under the knife to be fitted with a titanium joint after ''years of doing the can-can and the splits'' weakened the professional dancer's bones.
He told 'BBC Breakfast': ''I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to be made of titanium - so I'll come back bigger and stronger.''
Craig is waiting until the new series of the ballroom dancing competition and its accompanying live tour are over before having the operation.
The outspoken judge has come clean about his past in his new book, 'Tales From The Dance Floor', claiming his former eating disorder is partly responsible for his ongoing hip problems.
He wrote in the memoir: ''One thing that didn't help was the fact that I was once anorexic, because then you have malnutrition of the bones, coupled with the dancing, and that makes it worse.
''My mixed up past has come back and bitten me in the ass, once again.''
This comes after Craig slammed ITV's new Saturday night show and 'Strictly' rival, 'Stepping Out', which pits celebrity couples against each other rather than pairing a celebrity with a professional dancer.
He said: ''It's a car crash waiting to happen. You have two novices on 'Stepping Out', so it's basically the blind leading the blind. The results could be terrible.''25-09-2013
- Stacey Solomon and Steve-O set for romance?
- Johnny Vegas turned his life around for his son
- BBC angers residents with raunchy Casual Vacancy set
- Patsy Kensit's secret Celebrity Big Brother spray-tans
- Sam Faiers looking for a boyfriend with a 'personality'
- Rosie Fortescue takes her dog on shopping trips
- Anne Kirkbride laid to rest
- Patsy Kensit evicted from 'CBB'