Coronation Street's Brooke Vincent says fans will miss Hayley Cropper
'Coronation Street' star Brooke Vincent thinks the soap will struggle after Hayley Cropper is killed off.
The 21-year-old actress played Sophie Webster on the show, and she has claimed the departure of Julie Hesmondalgh's transsexual character over Christmas will be a blow to fans.
She told the Daily Star newspaper: ''I think the cast are going to miss Julie.
''But the viewers are really going to notice the difference as well. She fills a massive part of the Street and it won't be the same without her.
''I know I'll be sad to see her go. She's just been amazing to work with.''
Meanwhile 'EastEnders' actor Scott Maslen - who filmed his final scenes as Jack Branning earlier this month - feels 'Corrie' is still a better show than its rivals.
He said: '''Corrie' has been getting all the attention - and rightly so. They're doing really, really well.
''They've had great stories and are keeping it true to what it should be.
''I think 'EastEnders' lost that a little bit but that's the way it goes sometimes.''
Scott suggested cuts with the BBC are to blame for the show's decline.
He added: ''There's a bigger picture with all of the cuts at the BBC. They made big cuts about three years ago and that affected the whole community working on 'EastEnders'.
''They obviously had to cut the number of actors and it has slowly affected the overall running of the show.''29-09-2013
- Declan Donnelly dressed as woman on stag do
- Jameela Jamil wants to be reality TV show judge
- Marc O'Neil and Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace leave Big Brother
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'
- The Voice don't want X Factor 'cast-offs'
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role