Five to die in Hollyoaks explosion
Five key characters will be killed off in 'Hollyoaks' next week.
The Channel 4 soap is gearing up for the biggest stunt in its 18-year history as superbitch Clare Devine, played by actress Gemma Bissix, sets out on a deadly mission to destroy the McQueen family after escaping from prison.
The nail-biting storyline promises a ''massive explosion'', with show bosses bringing in the same special effects team responsible for the dramatic 2010 'Coronation Street' tram crash.
Clare's personal vendetta will see her hatch a plan to burn down nightclub The Loft on the evening of Mercedes McQueen's (Jen Metcalfe) 30th birthday.
The gripping plotline will see Sinead O'Connor (Stephanie Davis) steal what she thinks is a bag of cash during the party, only to discover a bomb hidden inside.
Fan favourite characters likely to face the axe are Mercedes, Carmel Valentine (Gemma Merna), Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter), Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson), Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson) and Will Savage (James Atherton), The Sun newspaper is reporting.
The shocking cull is part of producer Bryan Kirkwood's plan to introduce brand new characters to the soap this autumn and shake things up among the Chester residents.
The episodes will air every evening next week at 6.30pm on Channel 4.08-10-2013
- Simon Cowell wants to produce leaders' debate
- Sweden win Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan's £1m wedding
- Gary Barlow: Nick Grimshaw could find it hard to juggle X Factor job
- Calum Best blamed himself for father's death
- Reggie Yates hopes Fearne Cotton has more children
- Adjoa Mensah evicted from 'Big Brother'
- Fearne Cotton bids goodbye to BBC Radio 1