Five to die in Hollyoaks explosion
Five key characters will be killed off in 'Hollyoaks' next week.
The Channel 4 soap is gearing up for the biggest stunt in its 18-year history as superbitch Clare Devine, played by actress Gemma Bissix, sets out on a deadly mission to destroy the McQueen family after escaping from prison.
The nail-biting storyline promises a ''massive explosion'', with show bosses bringing in the same special effects team responsible for the dramatic 2010 'Coronation Street' tram crash.
Clare's personal vendetta will see her hatch a plan to burn down nightclub The Loft on the evening of Mercedes McQueen's (Jen Metcalfe) 30th birthday.
The gripping plotline will see Sinead O'Connor (Stephanie Davis) steal what she thinks is a bag of cash during the party, only to discover a bomb hidden inside.
Fan favourite characters likely to face the axe are Mercedes, Carmel Valentine (Gemma Merna), Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter), Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson), Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson) and Will Savage (James Atherton), The Sun newspaper is reporting.
The shocking cull is part of producer Bryan Kirkwood's plan to introduce brand new characters to the soap this autumn and shake things up among the Chester residents.
The episodes will air every evening next week at 6.30pm on Channel 4.08-10-2013
- Eamonn Holmes says Ruth Langsford would make his life 'a misery' if he cheated
- Jeff Tracey not in Thunderbirds Are Go! to let younger characters 'shine'
- Julian Fellowes wants 70s version of Downton Abbey
- Eleanor Tomlinson consults boyfriend before Aidan Turner sex scenes
- Top Gear live shows to go ahead under different name
- Sarah Harding cast in Coronation Street
- Chloe Lewis: The Only Way Is Essex makes you more 'heartless'
- Stacey Solomon gets 'embarrassed' talking about Steve-O