Charlie Brooks to leave EastEnders
Charlie Brooks is to quit 'EastEnders'.
The actress, who plays soap bitch Janine Butcher, is leaving the BBC One show to star in 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!' spin-off, 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Now!', next month in what will be Charlie's third departure from Albert Square in the past eight years, after she rejoined in April.
The 32-year-old star - who won the reality show last year - said: ''I decided a while ago it was time for me to leave Janine behind.''
Janine - who is currently involved in a murder plot involving ex-love Michael Moon - won't be killed off, leaving the door open for a possible return, but she is disappointed to be leaving the soap after finding out Executive Producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins is coming back.
She added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''When I found out he [Dominic] was returning I was gutted.
''I know how fantastic he is and that he will be putting the show back to its rightful place.''
The actress also hinted that she won't be gone forever, saying: ''Janine still has a way to go yet and is never far from Walford.
''It may be more see you later than goodbye.''
Charlie first quit 'EastEnders' in 2004, but was back in 2008 and remained until last year when she took an extended break to travel the world with daughter Kiki, and appeared 'I'm A Celebrity', which is hosted by Ant and Dec.
The brunette star returned to 'EastEnders' again in April but will depart once more in early 2014.
An 'EastEnders' insider said this week: ''Charlie is involved in a massive storyline at the moment that just gets bigger and bigger.''28-10-2013
- Christopher Eccleston disappointed in British television
- Michelle Connor and Liz McDonald to clash over Steve
- Michelle Visage suggests 'Celebrity Big Brother' may be fixed
- Gary 'Gaz' Beadle terrified of starring on 'Ex on the Beach'
- Jeremy Clarkson to sign three-year Top Gear deal?
- Meghan Trainor was hungover during her X Factor performance
- Heather Mills has broken every bone in her body
- Perez Hilton could get free pass to final