Nicole Scherzinger to sing with Sam Bailey?
'The X Factor' judge Nicole Scherzinger is tipped to duet with Sam Bailey in this weekend's final.
The prison guard warbler - who is being mentored by Sharon Osbourne - is set to team up with the 35-year-old singer, who has no acts left in the competition after her Girls category was eliminated, for the annual round of duets between the finalists and successful recording artists.
Meanwhile, Luke Friend is being lined up to team with either 'Burn' hitmaker Ellie Goulding or former 'The Voice' UK coach, Jessie J.
Louis Walsh's other act Nicholas McDonald will reportedly sing with former Westlife star Shane Filan - whose career is managed by the Irish music manager.
However, insiders fear Nicholas' chances of winning the competition may be effected by his duet with the struggling pop star, whose solo career has had moderate success.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''It's fair to say Shane isn't as big a star as he once was, and has a much lower profile now than the artists lined up for the other contestants, which can only give them an advantage over Nicholas.
''Who you duet with really does matter. Who can forget Alexandra Burke's show-stopping performance with Beyonce in 2008's final which helped propel her to victory?''
Despite the concerns, Louis is believed to have the utmost faith in Shane and Nicholas and has high hopes for their duet.
The insider added: ''Shane first spotted Nicholas at judges' house and thinks he has big potential as a new Michael Buble.
''Shane's sound is very similar and Louis thought it would be great for him to duet with Nicholas.''
'The X Factor' final will air live from London's Wembley Arena on Saturday (14.12.13) and Sunday (15.12.13) on ITV.09-12-2013
- Yvette Fielding slams Lady Colin Campbell
- Len Goodman defends Strictly Come Dancing over fix claims
- Coldplay and One Direction for X Factor final?
- Kieron Dyer threatens to quit I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here
- Janet Devlin wants a record deal with Simon Cowell
- The Apprentice: David 'intimidated' by Joseph
- Jennifer Lawrence thinks Passengers script is perfect
- Katie Price watches ex-husband Peter Andre on Strictly Come Dancing