Beth Tweddle still falls over in skating session
Beth Tweddle still falls over in ''every'' skating session she does.
The 28-year-old winner of 'Dancing on Ice' 2013 and retired Olympic gymnast - who picked up bronze last year in the London Olympics - admitted she is still unstable on her feet when it comes to practising her skating.
Beth said: ''Retirement was always going to be a big decision. I knew in my heart it was the right time to walk away from it. I love skating and I do fall over in every session but I know I have to fall over! This show has provided me with so many amazing memories.''
She added: ''It's given me so much confidence. The public's perceptions of me have changed too. When I was doing gymnastics, I was very focused. They didn't really see my personality. A lot of people commented on how nice it was to see me on the show. It brought me out of my shell. I learned a new skill. I had never skated before and to learn a new trick was amazing.''
The three time world champion was originally partnered with Dan Whiston in 2013 where her newfound love for skating developed. Beth says they are both still ''really close'' however, in the up-and-coming series, Beth will be skating alongside Lukasz Rozycki which she insists she is ''happy'' about.
She said: ''Last time, it was unknown territory. I am so lucky to have been given an opportunity that I have fallen in love with. I feel like I did when I was nine-years-old. I am like a little kid in a sweet shop!''27-12-2013
- Danniella Westbrook to remarry 'by the end of the year'
- Ola Jordan blasts skimpy Strictly costumes
- Coronation Street's Steve McDonald's cancer scare
- Caroline Flack confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing
- Lauren Goodger likes controlling men
- Peter Andre won't do Celebrity Big Brother
- Sarah-Jane Crawford reveals Caroline Flack's Strictly secret
- Kelly Brook laughs off Chanelle Hayes' warnings