Dannii Minogue to return to X Factor UK
Dannii Minogue may return to 'The X Factor' alongside Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole.
Bosses of the ITV talent show are reportedly eager for the 42-year-old beauty to wrap up her stint as a judge on the Australian panel and reprise her role in the UK in a bid to boost flagging ratings.
Insiders claim producers are also keen to reposition Cheryl and Simon - who left in 2011 to set up 'X Factor' - in hopes of recreating the judging line-up of 2008 to 2010 when the UK talent show was its most successful.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Dannii is still very popular in the UK and many people at ITV feel the return of Sharon Osbourne this year was positive and would like to do the same with Dannii.
''The show was most successful a number of years ago so they need some of that success and spark, perhaps mixed with one or two new faces from the music industry today.''
Producers are hoping to recreate the on-screen chemistry between Simon and Danni, who the music mogul admitted to having an affair with in his 2012 autobiography.
The source added: ''Dannii and Simon together could be very intriguing and exciting on screen, there is a lot of history there.''
Dannii - who appeared as a judge on 'Australia's Got Talent' before joining the 'X Factor' down under in September - previously revealed she snubbed an offer in 2012 to reprise her role in the UK-based singing competition to look after her son Ethan, her child with model Kris Smith.
However, earlier this year she admitted she wouldn't rule out a future return, as she mused: ''Never say never. I wouldn't rule it out.''27-12-2013
- Anne Robinson for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!?
- Sir Bruce Forsyth recovers from fall for Strictly Come Dancing return
- Piers Morgan to co-host Good Morning Britain
- Jorgie Porter's dating Craig from First Dates
- Duncan Bannatyne for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!?
- Strictly Come Dancing has plan for nervy contestants
- Maisie Williams: 'Doctor Who' is full of bearded men
- Tom Bleasby quits X Factor