Coronation Street may kill off more than Tina McIntyre
'Coronation Street' is set for a destructive and deadly 2014.
The soap's chief Stuart Blackburn has revealed Michelle Keegan's character Tina McIntyre might not be the only one to be killed off next year, and their on-screen deaths will be bigger than ever.
He told the Daily Star newspaper: ''The next time I blow something up the fire engine can come steaming down the street.
''The next time I kill someone the ambulance can also come down at pace.''
It is important for the show to get the balance between comedy and drama spot on.
Stuart explained: ''What we've got have in 'Corrie' is humour, that sense of community and big attention-seeking stories. We've got some great stuff coming up.''
One huge on-going storyline is that of Hayley Cropper - played by Julie Hesmondhalgh - who will lose her battle with pancreatic cancer in the new year, and her exit will be an emotional one.
Stuart added: ''We've tried to play it as straight as we can, because this story isn't about entertainment at all. It's real, it's true and it's painful.
''Hayley's final episode is beautifully shot and done with respect, love and affection.
''It made me weep. Even though I'd read two or two drafts of scripts beforehand and was there when the scenes were shot, it was still so upsetting.''28-12-2013
- Cor Glanaethwy and Entity Allstars through to Britain's Got Talent final
- Chloe-Jasmine and Stevi Ritchie: 'We'll get married in a church'
- Deirdre Barlow to return to Coronation Street as a ghost?
- Samia Ghadie is engaged to Sylvain Longchambon
- Denise Van Outen wants to return to EastEnders
- James 'Lockie' Lock opens up about bullying
- Caroline Flack: Olly Murs will bring 'cheeky' side to X Factor
- Mark Wright wept through wedding to Michelle Keegan