Hannah Waddingham groped while filming Benidorm
Hannah Waddingham was groped while filming for 'Benidorm'.
The 39-year-old actress joined the ITV1 comedy last week as stuck up Tonya Dyke, but she admits she hated shooting her scenes in the three-star Costa de Sol hotel because male fans kept touching her.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, she said: ''I have never been groped in my life, but I was groped three times in one week in Benidorm. To get on set I had to walk through the hotel dressed as Tonya in some non-existent bikini and high heels with blokes gawping at me... or rather groping me.
''I had to stop myself doing what I'd instinctively do - knock their blocks off - because I was working. A little angel on my shoulder was going 'Leave it Hannah!!'- but I really wanted to take off my five-inch wedges and whack them.
''The worst thing is they were there with their wives who didn't do a thing! So I'd say to the women, 'Do you think it's OK for your husband to behave like this?'
''It wasn't nice, but the security people were very good and they started escorting me to and from the set.''
However, Hannah - who has starred on Broadway and the West End for over 19 years - hasn't prepared herself for the level of fame she will gain from playing such a high-profile role.
She explained: ''It's a very different audience. I've been lucky to have been a leading lady on stage all these years but I've never been remotely interested in celebrity. Everyone keeps teasing me about how famous I'll be but it's not something I let myself think about.''08-01-2014
- Paul Hollywood tried to get Mary Berry arrested
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes haven't rowed since presenting This Morning
- Coronation Street mini-bus crash
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter