Hannah Waddingham groped while filming Benidorm
Hannah Waddingham was groped while filming for 'Benidorm'.
The 39-year-old actress joined the ITV1 comedy last week as stuck up Tonya Dyke, but she admits she hated shooting her scenes in the three-star Costa de Sol hotel because male fans kept touching her.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, she said: ''I have never been groped in my life, but I was groped three times in one week in Benidorm. To get on set I had to walk through the hotel dressed as Tonya in some non-existent bikini and high heels with blokes gawping at me... or rather groping me.
''I had to stop myself doing what I'd instinctively do - knock their blocks off - because I was working. A little angel on my shoulder was going 'Leave it Hannah!!'- but I really wanted to take off my five-inch wedges and whack them.
''The worst thing is they were there with their wives who didn't do a thing! So I'd say to the women, 'Do you think it's OK for your husband to behave like this?'
''It wasn't nice, but the security people were very good and they started escorting me to and from the set.''
However, Hannah - who has starred on Broadway and the West End for over 19 years - hasn't prepared herself for the level of fame she will gain from playing such a high-profile role.
She explained: ''It's a very different audience. I've been lucky to have been a leading lady on stage all these years but I've never been remotely interested in celebrity. Everyone keeps teasing me about how famous I'll be but it's not something I let myself think about.''08-01-2014
- Katie Derham pulled out of Strictly Come Dancing rehearsals
- Joey Essex claims he's found God
- Chris Eubank is 'on another planet'
- I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here babes fear their boobs will explode in the jungle
- Olly Murs and Caroline Flack's phone ban
- Sarah-Jane Crawford says Olly Murs needs to 'blag it' on X Factor
- Keith Chegwin: CBB mates have deserted me
- Nadia Sawalha gets driving refresher course