Laurie Brett to make full-time return to EastEnders?
Laurie Brett may return to 'EastEnders' full time.
The 44-year-old actress surprised viewers earlier this week with a two-episode comeback when her character Jane Beale showed up in Walford to check on her ex-husband Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).
However, the blonde beauty - who left the BBC One soap in 2012 to play troubled teacher Christine Mulgrew in 'Waterloo Road' - hasn't ruled out reprising her role as Jane on a permanent basis.
When asked if she would return to 'EastEnders' full-time, she said: ''I'm back filming 'Waterloo Road' in the spring so I can't really answer that because I've got this other job. We don't start filming series ten until the end of April or the middle of May.
I'm not sure when my contract ends. It's just a 'que sera sera' scenario.''
Laurie managed to keep her surprise visit to Albert Square underwraps for six months, while she juggled four days of filming with her busy schedule for 'Waterloo Road'.
Speaking to Digital Spy, she explained: ''I'm just relieved I don't have to watch what I say any more. There were a few people at 'Waterloo Road' who knew because they had to let me go and film.
''My mum, dad and immediate family knew and that was it. I could have told my close friends but I wanted it to be a surprise for them, too.''
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor
- Nick Grimshaw gets X Factor offer from Jessie Ware
- Gemma Collins: I don't 'believe in therapy'
- Steven Moffat: Doctor Who criticism gets me down