Verity Rushworth set for Emmerdale return
Verity Rushworth is to return to 'Emmerdale'.
The 28-year-old actress will reprise her role as Donna Windsor - who she played in the ITV soap from 1998 to 2009 - as her alter-ego attempts to cause trouble for ex-husband Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock) and his fiancée Laurel Potts (Charlotte Bellamy).
Verity said: ''I'm thrilled to be re-joining the wonderful 'Emmerdale' team. The emotional journey my character is set to experience will be wonderfully challenging to play, and of course working with some of my oldest friends is going to be a real treat!''
Donna is set to grace the Dales in March and bosses promise that there is ''more to her return than first meets the eye''.
Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates explained: ''I'm delighted to welcome Verity back to the show. Donna left under a real cloud with Marlon - so her return should ruffle some serious feathers in the village.
''I'm really excited to see the impact she has on the friends and family she left behind!''
Donna left the Dales to re-start her life in Essex after witnessing Marlon share a drunken smooch with Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter).
However, it appears the Woolpack chef may still have feelings for his former beau when he locks eyes on her for the first time in five years.08-01-2014
- Simon Webbe thought about quitting Strictly Come Dancing
- Peter Capaldi: Doctor Who is easiest job
- Vicky Pattison sparks rumours she's engaged
- Stephen Belafonte and Danielle Brown for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Claudia to host Comic Relief Danceathon
- Bianca Miller shocked by The Apprentice candidates attitudes
- Perez Hilton joins Celebrity Big Brother
- Mark Wright doesn't regret 'sneaky' tactics