Dermot O'Leary tips Simon to return to X Factor
Dermot O'Leary thinks Simon Cowell will return to 'The X Factor' this year.
The show's host is pleased with how the programme has coped with a changing judging panel and is looking forward to seeing the line-up for the 2014 season as he is convinced the creator - who quit in 2011 to work on the US version of the show - will be back.
He said: ''With Simon leaving we had to pull our socks up and do the best we could. Massive stars like Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue have left and yet the show is able to bounce back with three really good years.
''I think it's been the making of us and the making of me. But if he does come back this year I'd really relish it. Something in my water is telling me yes [he will be back]. But my water's questionable! I think we'll have a fair inkling in the next month or so.''
Dermot has hosted the show since 2007 and though he still loves the programme, he knows he won't work on it forever.
He told OK! magazine: ''As long as I'm enjoying it and they want me to do it [I'll carry on]. I can't do it forever, nor would they want me to do it forever.
''But at the moment I'm absolutely loving it. I'd like to think seven years down the line if they wanted a change, we'd sit down and talk about it. The judges for the most part have music careers they need to work on and the hosting role is different.''15-01-2014
- Ricky Wilson 'needs a holiday'
- Max George wants role in British soap opera
- Kanye West 'refused to chat to Jonathan Ross'
- Dan Osborne gets daughter's name tattooed on his torso
- Fearne Cotton is pregnant and leaving BBC Radio 1
- Dynamo wants Prince Charles to support him on tour
- TFI Friday to return for anniversary special
- Kevin Spacey wants to make House of Cards blooper reel