Matt Di Angelo returns to EastEnders
Matt Di Angelo is returning to 'EastEnders'.
The 26-year-old actor, who is set to begin filming in February, is delighted to be reprising his role as Deano Wicks on the BBC One soap, where he will join the Wicks/Carter family headed by Danny Dyer who plays Queen Vic landlord Mick Carter.
Matt explained: ''It's such an exciting time for the show and the Carter/Wicks family that I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to reprise the role of Dean.''
EastEnders' Executive Producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins is delighted Matt has agreed to return to Albert Square after leaving in 2008 following his alter-ego's tough time in prison.
Deano had anger issues during his time on the show and this ended in him attacking his mum, Shirley Carter (Linda Henry), before he left.
Dominic said: ''Matt is a gorgeous, charming, talented actor and it's fantastic that he's agreed to come back to the Square. Deano left angry with his mother. The Dean who returns is angrier. Shirley has been secretly hoping for her son's return. Let's hope she doesn't regret that.''15-01-2014
- Samia Ghadie talks Maria Connor's 'tricky' Corrie meltdown
- Robert Pattinson 'obsessed' with The X Factor
- Kym Marsh dating Stephanie Waring's ex-boyfriend?
- Emmerdale's Donna Windsor will keep cancer secret
- Joey Essex signed to modelling agency
- Catherine Tyldesley: Eva is perfect barmaid material
- Michelle Keegan: I'll always be in debt to Coronation Street
- Tom Baker has no Doctor Who advice for Peter Capaldi