Corrie boss: Tina McIntyre death will be 'spectacular'
'Coronation Street' boss Stuart Blackburn says Michelle Keegan's exit is going to be ''spectacular''.
Barmaid Tina McIntyre will be killed off later this year in a sensational new storyline and the show's executive producer has promised the character's death will lead to some explosive episodes around autumn and winter.
Speaking to BANG Showbiz backstage at the National Television Awards last night (22.01.14) - following the soap's victory in the Best Serial Drama category - Stuart said: ''We've got some massive stories coming up that are really different. Everybody knows Tina's going; it's going to be an incredible, spectacular exit and it's going to take us right through autumn and December. It's going to be massive.''
While the deadly storyline will keep viewers in suspense right through Christmas, the ITV soap boss has promised that fans won't have to wait until the festive period to find out who kills Tina.
He teased: ''You'll know well before Christmas.''
Stuart has also brushed off any worries that he is scared of ratings rival 'EastEnders' as it enjoys a renaissance under the guidance of new boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins.
He said: ''I wish him well; he's a really good guy. I love all the soaps. I want them all to be good.''24-01-2014
- Mike Berry auditions for The Voice
- EastEnders' Martin Fowler and baby Arthur involved in horror smash
- Scotty T's four-day booze bender
- Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell have date night
- Mario Falcone will never find girl he loves as much as Lucy Mecklenburgh
- Sam Faiers loses stone of baby weight
- Paula Lane quits Coronation Street
- Mark-Francis Vandelli quits The Jump with broken ankle