Corrie boss: Tina McIntyre death will be 'spectacular'
'Coronation Street' boss Stuart Blackburn says Michelle Keegan's exit is going to be ''spectacular''.
Barmaid Tina McIntyre will be killed off later this year in a sensational new storyline and the show's executive producer has promised the character's death will lead to some explosive episodes around autumn and winter.
Speaking to BANG Showbiz backstage at the National Television Awards last night (22.01.14) - following the soap's victory in the Best Serial Drama category - Stuart said: ''We've got some massive stories coming up that are really different. Everybody knows Tina's going; it's going to be an incredible, spectacular exit and it's going to take us right through autumn and December. It's going to be massive.''
While the deadly storyline will keep viewers in suspense right through Christmas, the ITV soap boss has promised that fans won't have to wait until the festive period to find out who kills Tina.
He teased: ''You'll know well before Christmas.''
Stuart has also brushed off any worries that he is scared of ratings rival 'EastEnders' as it enjoys a renaissance under the guidance of new boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins.
He said: ''I wish him well; he's a really good guy. I love all the soaps. I want them all to be good.''24-01-2014
- Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne aren't inviting co-stars to wedding
- Top Gear returning to BBC on May 8 2016
- I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! stars warned about snakes
- will.i.am misses Sir Tom Jones on The Voice
- Peter Capaldi doesn't want K-9 to return to Doctor Who
- X Factor's Louisa Johnson struck by 'nasty' virus
- Harry Judd 'nervous' about Strictly Come Dancing return
- Keith Chegwin happy about chocolate allergy