James Redmond joins Emmerdale
James Redmond and Dudley Sutton have joined 'Emmerdale'.
Former 'Hollyoaks' and 'Casualty' hunk James will appear on the ITV soap as Seb, the former boyfriend of Ruby Haswell (Alicya Eyo), who makes an unlikely return to her life.
Ruby runs into her ex after applying to care for an elderly gentleman in a bid to pay off her huge debts. However, upon being hired she discovers the man is her ex's father, William.
Screen veteran Dudley will play Seb's old fashioned father, who initially gives his son's former girlfriend a hard time.
Dudley said: ''This will be my second appearance in 'Emmerdale' as I appeared in 1997 as a tramp! It's great to be back in Yorkshire and I have fond memories of filming the 'Beiderbecke' trilogy in the same building as 'Emmerdale' is now filmed.''
James added: ''Having taken a five year break from acting to concentrate on stand up comedy I am really looking forward to getting back on the horse. It will be great to join the cast of 'Emmerdale' and Seb will be my first time playing a northerner!''
'Emmerdale' boss Kate Oates also commented, saying: ''We're delighted to have Dudley and James filming with us. Their wealth of acting experience makes them great additions to the show.''30-01-2014
- TNA IMPACT to film six TV episodes in UK
- Louis Walsh confirms he's in talks for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Louise Thompson: Spencer Matthews doesn't have feelings
- EastEnders' Dean Gaffney: Wellard Two camera shy
- Carol Kirkwood's losing her sight
- Nadiya Hussain wins Great British Bake Off
- Danielle Armstrong: James Lock and I could still be together
- Daniel Craig would 'rather slash wrists' than do another James Bond movie