Samia Ghadie says her daughter is her 'heartbeat'
Samia Ghadie says parenthood ''puts life into perspective''.
The 'Coronation Street' actress - who has four-year-old daughter Freya - insisted she stopped worrying about her own image or ''stupid things'' since she's had a child to care for.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper's TV Magazine, she said: ''Being a mum puts life into perspective.
''Stupid things I worried about before - like my hair or how much I weigh or if I've got wobbly bits - I don't worry about any more.
''Nothing matters as long as your child is okay. That's the main thing. That's your reason to breathe. Freya is like my heartbeat.''
However, Samia is also happy with her boyfriend and recent 'Dancing On Ice' partner Sylvain Longchambon and is glad he is such a romantic.
She explained: ''I used to buy myself flowers because I've always loved them. Yellow roses and tulips are my favourites.
''But Sylvain said to me: 'You will never have to buy yourself flowers again'. Now he buys me flowers every day.''
Despite this, the soap star isn't rushing into wedding plans, preferring to take it slowly.
She added: ''I don't know [if marriage is on the cards]. I'd rather not talk about that because I don't want to tempt fate.''01-02-2014
- Jake Wood named UK's Weirdest Crush for second time
- Ollie Locke to film top secret show in South America
- Hannah Spearritt has 'amicable' relationship with ex Paul Cattermole
- Eamonn Holmes 'going through hell'
- Matt Smith excited for Chris Chibnall to take control of Doctor Who
- Danniella Westbrook teases EastEnders return
- Beth Tweddle can move hands and feet after back surgery
- Beth Tweddle needs surgery on back after The Jump horror smash