Samia Ghadie says her daughter is her 'heartbeat'
Samia Ghadie says parenthood ''puts life into perspective''.
The 'Coronation Street' actress - who has four-year-old daughter Freya - insisted she stopped worrying about her own image or ''stupid things'' since she's had a child to care for.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper's TV Magazine, she said: ''Being a mum puts life into perspective.
''Stupid things I worried about before - like my hair or how much I weigh or if I've got wobbly bits - I don't worry about any more.
''Nothing matters as long as your child is okay. That's the main thing. That's your reason to breathe. Freya is like my heartbeat.''
However, Samia is also happy with her boyfriend and recent 'Dancing On Ice' partner Sylvain Longchambon and is glad he is such a romantic.
She explained: ''I used to buy myself flowers because I've always loved them. Yellow roses and tulips are my favourites.
''But Sylvain said to me: 'You will never have to buy yourself flowers again'. Now he buys me flowers every day.''
Despite this, the soap star isn't rushing into wedding plans, preferring to take it slowly.
She added: ''I don't know [if marriage is on the cards]. I'd rather not talk about that because I don't want to tempt fate.''01-02-2014
- Chloe Lewis: The Only Way Is Essex makes you more 'heartless'
- Stacey Solomon gets 'embarrassed' talking about Steve-O
- Paul O'Grady would punch Craig Revel Horwood on Strictly Come Dancing
- Jonathan Ross: Awards ceremonies are a 'bad idea'
- Stan Lee creates superhero series for British TV
- George Blagden's boarding schooling made him 'perfect' for Vikings
- Laura Jackson forced to face fear of snakes
- Janice Dickinson signs £300,000 Celebrity Big Brother deal?