Rob Brydon to host The Guess List
Rob Brydon has signed up to host 'The Guess List'.
The 'Gavin and Stacey' star will front the new Saturday night game show on BBC One, which will see contestants competing for prizes with the help of celebrities, and he's looking forward to seeing how they get on.
He said: ''I loved making the pilot for 'The Guess List' and can't wait to get started on the first series.''
It is set to appear on screens in the spring and will be made up of six, 40 minute episodes with each instalment showing two contestants compete for a prize which has been selected especially for them with the help of five famous faces from the worlds of sport, music, TV and film.
The celebrity helpers - who are yet to be announced - will not have it easy however, as Rob will be making sure that they too face ''one or two unexpected questions of their own''.
BBC One controller Charlotte Moore said of the new addition: ''More Rob on BBC One can only be a good thing. It's a really funny show and an exciting addition to Saturday nights.''
The 48-year-old comedian recently filmed 'The Trip to Italy' with fellow funnyman Steve Coogan which will air on BBC Two later this year and he will also sit in the host's chair for a new series of the panel show 'Would I Lie To You?'07-02-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Ed Sheeran backs X Factor's Andrea Faustini
- Mark Wright's Strictly Come Dancing partner choreographing wedding dance
- Wendi Peters 'hated' her Coronation Street character
- Fleur East gets advice from JB Gill
- Gwen Taylor battling cancer
- Kym Marsh can't have more children
- Stephanie Nala found Simon Cowell's behaviour 'odd'