Gareth Gates eliminated from 'Dancing on Ice All-Stars'
Gareth Gates was voted off 'Dancing on Ice All-Stars' tonight (09.02.14).
The 29-year-old singer, who first rose to fame on 'Pop Idol' in 2002, became the latest star to leave the ITV series after losing a skate-off against former 'EastEnders' star Sam Attwater.
Despite impressing judges Jason Gardiner, Ashley Roberts, Robin Cousins and Karen Barber with his performance to Wham!'s hit 'Freedom,' during which he wore a George Michael-style blonde wig, Gareth and his professional partner, Brianne Delcourt, failed to win them over with their follow up routine to U2's 'Beautiful Day.'
All four judges chose to save 28-year-old Sam.
Upon hearing the result, the modest star - who is also appearing on 'The Big Reunion' as part of boy band 5th Story - gave credit to his partner as he departed the rink.
He said: ''Never mind, it has been amazing and I would like to thank this amazing lady Brianne. Bless you all, thank you.''
Delcourt said that the singer had been a ''pleasure to work with''.
'Dancing on Ice All-Stars,' which is the show's final series, continues next Sunday (February 16) at 6.15pm on ITV.09-02-2014
- Elliott Wright quits The Only Way Is Essex
- Jeremy Clarkson to face 'action' from police
- Ruth Langsford bans Eamonn Holmes from Celebrity Big Brother
- David Walliams signs up for Britain's Got Talent 2016
- Sam Heughan finds filming sex scenes 'weird'
- James 'Arg' Argent to climb Snowdonia for charity
- BBC boss refuses to rule out Jeremy Clarkson return
- Piers Morgan to guest host Good Morning Britain