Gareth Gates eliminated from 'Dancing on Ice All-Stars'
Gareth Gates was voted off 'Dancing on Ice All-Stars' tonight (09.02.14).
The 29-year-old singer, who first rose to fame on 'Pop Idol' in 2002, became the latest star to leave the ITV series after losing a skate-off against former 'EastEnders' star Sam Attwater.
Despite impressing judges Jason Gardiner, Ashley Roberts, Robin Cousins and Karen Barber with his performance to Wham!'s hit 'Freedom,' during which he wore a George Michael-style blonde wig, Gareth and his professional partner, Brianne Delcourt, failed to win them over with their follow up routine to U2's 'Beautiful Day.'
All four judges chose to save 28-year-old Sam.
Upon hearing the result, the modest star - who is also appearing on 'The Big Reunion' as part of boy band 5th Story - gave credit to his partner as he departed the rink.
He said: ''Never mind, it has been amazing and I would like to thank this amazing lady Brianne. Bless you all, thank you.''
Delcourt said that the singer had been a ''pleasure to work with''.
'Dancing on Ice All-Stars,' which is the show's final series, continues next Sunday (February 16) at 6.15pm on ITV.09-02-2014
- Lorraine Kelly forced off air by fire alarm
- Simon Callow wants Downton Abbey role
- Simon Cowell 'furious with Mel B over cheating claims'
- Lynda Bellingham dies at 66
- Tim Wonnacott voted off Strictly Come Dancing
- Stephanie Nala and Chloe-Jasmine Whichello voted off X Factor
- Tina O'Brien gives birth to baby boy
- Jonathan Ross to quit chat show