Davina McCall collapses during Sport Relief triathlon
Davina McCall collapsed after completing a 1.5 mile swim for Sport Relief today (10.02.14).
The 46-year-old TV presenter is in the midst of a gruelling 500 mile triathlon for the charity - which will see her cycling, running and swimming from Edinburgh to London - and she had to be carried back to dry land after the scary incident while swimming the length of Lake Windermere.
Thankfully, the 'Got to Dance' host - who has now begun cycling in the next stage of her challenge - recovered quickly with the help of a hot beverage and some food.
She tweeted after: ''I'm ok. That was hairy. Thank you for all your support. (sic)''
Davina added to BBC News: ''The moment I got in the water my chest felt crushed. I couldn't do front crawl, I couldn't put my head under water, I couldn't breathe.
''I kept trying to lift my arm to swim, trying to pull the crawl out of the bag, but I couldn't even get it up. I ended up doing doggy paddle!
''Although I'm shattered I never felt unsafe, I'm in the best possible hands.''
The 46-year-old star began her seven-day challenge on Saturday (08.02.14) and caused concern when she exhibited signs of hypothermia after braving freezing temperatures.
A Sport Relief spokesperson said Davina was ''undergoing a medical assessment after suffering suspected signs of hypothermia'', however, she was later cleared to continue the triathlon.10-02-2014
- James Nesbitt is enjoying celibacy
- David Hasselhoff's five wives in new show
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose