White Dee for Celebrity Big Brother
'Benefits Street's White Dee is set to appear on 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
The 42-year-old mother-of-two, who shot to fame on Channel 4's controversial documentary series about state benefit recipients, has been tipped to receive a £60,000 fee for the next series of the reality show.
The sum would mean Dee - full name Deidre Kelly - would no longer be eligible to receive government benefits.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Channel 5 bosses were desperate to sign up Dee. They think she will be brilliant.
''But the move is definitely a controversial one because anyone who is claiming benefits can only do so legally if they are not working. Dee will be earning money in one of the most public ways possible. So unless she stops collecting her benefits, her actions will interest the authorities.
''Her behaviour on 'Benefits Street' has made it very clear that she has a good knowledge of the welfare system and she will definitely know the rules.''
Dee has previously declared she doesn't want to ''be on benefits forever'', but has vowed to stay put in her residence on the taxpayer-funded James Turner Street in Birmingham.
She is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: ''I'm still in my house and nobody will move me out of it.''
Dee recently sparred with TV pundit Katie Hopkins on Channel 5's 'The Big Benefits Row Live'.10-02-2014
- Bianca Miller shocked by The Apprentice candidates attitudes
- Perez Hilton joins Celebrity Big Brother
- Mark Wright doesn't regret 'sneaky' tactics
- Doctor Who Christmas special inspired by comic strip
- Made In Chelsea's Lucy Watson wants Cowell for Christmas
- Ashley Banjo's cockroach phobia
- Brendan O'Carroll: Mrs. Brown's Boys isn't over
- The Apprentice star Solomon slams fellow contestants