James Sutton won't rule out Craig and John Paul reunion
'Hollyoaks' star James Sutton wouldn't ''rule out'' a reunion between John Paul McQueen and Craig Dean.
The lovebirds captured the imaginations of fans of the Channel 4 soap between 2006 and 2008 and James - who returned to 'Hollyoaks' in 2012 after a four-year absence - is open to his former on-screen lover, played by Guy Burnet, making a comeback.
He exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''Guy and I certainly worked well together. I think you'd have to ask him more than me. I know he's quite happily living out in LA, but never say never. We worked well together and we shot some stuff that we're both really proud and it was important at the time. I'd never rule it out. But it's not really my call.''
Craig and John Paul were given a happy ending as they left the Chester to live together in Dublin, but John Paul returned to Hollyoaks village in December 2012.
James - who is currently at the centre of a heart-wrenching sexual assault storyline - insists he wasn't worried about returning without Guy and feels he is ''good enough'' to carry strong storylines himself.
He explained: ''I'd like to think I'm experienced enough and good enough to stand on my own two feet, and not just be part of a couple. I don't mean to sound at all arrogant or derogatory to the relationship. I'd like to think I can hold my own and be the focus of the storyline and do a good job.
''I feel good about the work I'm doing right now. I feel very at ease, I don't feel particularly nervous about scenes ... I feel invigorated by the work I'm getting and the scripts I'm getting. It's just great to be back here and have people writing for me in such a wonderful, vivid way.''
'Hollyoaks' airs weeknights at 6:30pm on Channel 4.11-02-2014
- Kyle Christie quits Geordie Shore
- Lewis Hamilton and Mo Farah for BBC Sports Personality of the Year
- Yvette Fielding: Lady Colin Campbell personally attacked me
- Sinitta: The X Factor's 4th Impact 'never stop'
- Vicky Pattison is showing 'real' her on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
- Apprentice's Selina Waterman-Smith brands show 'fix'
- Doctor Who Christmas special titled The Husbands of River Song
- Marc Baylis excited about Coronation Street return