Kavana has revealed he's gay
Kavana has revealed he is gay.
The 36-year-old singer - real name Anthony Kavanagh - has kept the truth about his sexuality under wraps for the past 14 years, but has now opened up and admitted he's homosexual.
Speaking to Now magazine, he said: ''Part of me is almost embarrassed that it's taken me this long to publicly say I'm gay.
''Here I am, aged 36, coming out - what am I doing? I've never come out publicly because no one's ever asked. It's become this huge elephant in the room.''
The 'Big Reunion' star regrets not telling his father about his sexuality before his passing four years ago.
He explained: ''I think he knew [I was gay].
''He used to say, 'As long as you're happy, just be yourself' and 'It wouldn't matter to me if my son was gay.' ''
However, the hunk - who has dated a string of girls in the past - admits, despite coming out, he still finds women attractive.
He said: ''I do find women attractive, but I've had more intimate relationships with guys.''
Meanwhile, Kavana - who is part of new super group 5th Story with Gareth Gates, Dane Bowers, Adam Rickitt and Blazin' Squad's Kenzie - didn't tell his bandmates about his sexuality until he got to know them better.
He said: ''When we first me, they asked me, 'Have you got a girlfriend?' I just went, 'No.' It felt weird so two weeks later I sent them all an email saying, 'Dear guys, there hasn't been a right moment to tell you but... I'm gay.' ''12-02-2014
- Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell have date night
- Mario Falcone will never find girl he loves as much as Lucy Mecklenburgh
- Sam Faiers loses stone of baby weight
- Paula Lane quits Coronation Street
- Mark-Francis Vandelli quits The Jump with broken ankle
- Dan Walker to co-present BBC Breakfast
- Stephanie Davis dumped Sam Reece over text
- Stephanie Davis praises Celebrity Big Brother for saving her life after attempted suicide