Kavana has revealed he's gay
Kavana has revealed he is gay.
The 36-year-old singer - real name Anthony Kavanagh - has kept the truth about his sexuality under wraps for the past 14 years, but has now opened up and admitted he's homosexual.
Speaking to Now magazine, he said: ''Part of me is almost embarrassed that it's taken me this long to publicly say I'm gay.
''Here I am, aged 36, coming out - what am I doing? I've never come out publicly because no one's ever asked. It's become this huge elephant in the room.''
The 'Big Reunion' star regrets not telling his father about his sexuality before his passing four years ago.
He explained: ''I think he knew [I was gay].
''He used to say, 'As long as you're happy, just be yourself' and 'It wouldn't matter to me if my son was gay.' ''
However, the hunk - who has dated a string of girls in the past - admits, despite coming out, he still finds women attractive.
He said: ''I do find women attractive, but I've had more intimate relationships with guys.''
Meanwhile, Kavana - who is part of new super group 5th Story with Gareth Gates, Dane Bowers, Adam Rickitt and Blazin' Squad's Kenzie - didn't tell his bandmates about his sexuality until he got to know them better.
He said: ''When we first me, they asked me, 'Have you got a girlfriend?' I just went, 'No.' It felt weird so two weeks later I sent them all an email saying, 'Dear guys, there hasn't been a right moment to tell you but... I'm gay.' ''12-02-2014
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter
- Nick Grimshaw wants Joan Rivers to come back from the dead
- Lauren Goodger to pose topless
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire