Susanna Reid set for £1m ITV switch
Susanna Reid will take over as ITV's new breakfast show host.
The presenter is currently employed by BBC, but it is said she has been offered a £1 million deal to switch to their rivals as she looks to front her own show.
According to the Sunday People newspaper, Susanna will end her time on 'BBC Breakfast' after the broadcaster refused to promise her a higher-profile role.
It is said she will front a new early morning show on ITV - likely to be titled 'Good Morning Britain' - with new Director of Daytime Helen Warner keen to give her the chance to move away from breakfast TV is she decides to go down that route.
An insider said: ''Susana is seen as the future of ITV. She is loved by millions.
''She's beautiful, intelligent and warm. She is seen as more highbrow than previous presenters who fronted the breakfast shows, which is exactly the direction ITV wants to go in.''
A spokesman for ITV has insisted while changes are soon to be revealed, they remain keen to keep current 'Daybreak' host Aled Jones as a ''key part'' of the channel's future.
They said: ''There has been a review of ITV breakfast. Some changes will be announced. Aled remains a key part of plans.''16-02-2014
- The X Factor: Lauren Murray wants Six Chair Challenge scrapped
- Freddie Flintoff: James Corden won't quit A League of Their Own
- Sue Perkins considering adoption
- Sir Tom Jones brands BBC a 'cold machine'
- The X Factor: Monica Michael wanted Simon Cowell for mentor
- James Jordan slams Strictly Come Dancing
- Jeremy Clarkson forced into rehab
- Terri Dwyer's secret battle with cancer