Ant McPartlin chops thumb off on vegetable slicer
Ant McPartlin was rushed to hospital after chopping his thumb off.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' host sought medical help at the emergency department after he caught his right thumb in a vegetable slicer while practising cutting a potato on his new gadget, called a mandoline.
He said: ''I knew that to get the potatoes thin enough I'd need the proper tool but had no idea how to use one. On the Saturday night I decided to practise with it so I got one potato and gave it a go. It was a complete disaster. I ended up slicing the top of my thumb off. God, it was painful.''
However, medics were unable to stitch the tip of his thumb back on and the best they could do was clean it up and wrap it in a bandage.
He explained to The Sun newspaper: ''I was hoping they'd just be able to sew the tip back in and I'd be fine.''
Despite his kitchen blunder, the 38-year-old star had another go at perfecting his slicing skills the next day and managed to pull off a delicious roast dinner for his wife Lisa, 37, his sidekick Dec Donnelly, 38, and Dec's girlfriend Ali Astall, 34.
Ant said: ''I still got the meal on the table.''18-02-2014
- Olly Murs and Caroline Flack chose work over romance
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock fears
- Peter Andre's kids warn him about embarrassing them
- Danny Dyer 'not happy' with Kellie Bright
- This Morning puppy named Clover
- Gary Beadle's fashion faux-pas
- Jamie Laing doesn't want to get back with Jess Woodley
- Kathy Beale return inspired by real life insurance scam