Ant McPartlin chops thumb off on vegetable slicer
Ant McPartlin was rushed to hospital after chopping his thumb off.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' host sought medical help at the emergency department after he caught his right thumb in a vegetable slicer while practising cutting a potato on his new gadget, called a mandoline.
He said: ''I knew that to get the potatoes thin enough I'd need the proper tool but had no idea how to use one. On the Saturday night I decided to practise with it so I got one potato and gave it a go. It was a complete disaster. I ended up slicing the top of my thumb off. God, it was painful.''
However, medics were unable to stitch the tip of his thumb back on and the best they could do was clean it up and wrap it in a bandage.
He explained to The Sun newspaper: ''I was hoping they'd just be able to sew the tip back in and I'd be fine.''
Despite his kitchen blunder, the 38-year-old star had another go at perfecting his slicing skills the next day and managed to pull off a delicious roast dinner for his wife Lisa, 37, his sidekick Dec Donnelly, 38, and Dec's girlfriend Ali Astall, 34.
Ant said: ''I still got the meal on the table.''18-02-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex to film in Ibiza
- Jo Brand to host Bake Off spin-off
- Kimberly Kisselovich opens up about sex in BB house
- Jack P. Shepherd takes on-screen son under his wing
- Loveable Rogues not in touch with Cowell
- Diane Parish defends EastEnders' dramatic plot.
- Dora Bryan dies aged 91
- Kerry Washington's 'risky' role on Scandal