Randy Jackson: Don't count out Simon Cowell
Randy Jackson thinks Simon Cowell will return to US TV in a ''different, new way''.
The 'American Idol' star, who served on the singing competition's judging panel with Simon for nine years, is certain the music mogul will return to American screens better than ever despite the cancellation of the US version of 'The X Factor' recently.
Randy said of the rival show's axe: ''I think he's such an amazing talented guy and he helped to born what that is. I'm sure he's plotting his US return in a different, new way. He's a real creator. Never count him out.''
The music manager, who is now a mentor to the contestants on 'Idol', would also welcome Simon, 54, back to the show's judging panel with open arms.
He enthused: ''He is my dear friend for life. He's one of the greatest to ever do it. So, of course ... I mean, are you kidding? It would be amazing.''
Randy, 57, also weighed in on the axe of 'X Factor' USA and feels 'Idol' - which is now in its thirteenth season - is still on the air because it produces more recording artists than any other show.
He explained: ''We're the only show that can say we have successful contestants from this format. No other show on TV that's a singing competition can really, really say that. So, that's the test of how well it's done. And I think the idea of finding the best undiscovered talent that really needs a shot is what this show has really done and it continues to do it successfully.''
'American Idol' is on 5* on Saturdays and Sundays at 5pm.19-02-2014
- Danny Dyer left feeling 'broken' by EastEnders schedule
- Conchita Wurst to present the Eurovision Song Contest
- Mark Wright feels like he's won Strictly Come Dancing
- Simon Webbe thought about quitting Strictly Come Dancing
- Peter Capaldi: Doctor Who is easiest job
- Vicky Pattison sparks rumours she's engaged
- Stephen Belafonte and Danielle Brown for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Claudia to host Comic Relief Danceathon