Coronation Street documentary to air next month
'Coronation Street - Moving Story' is set to air next month.
The hour-long documentary will follow the relocation of the soap's set from Quay Street in Manchester city centre to MediaCityUK in Salford - which is the home to ITV and BBC head offices - and will air on ITV at 9pm on Thursday, March 6.
The programme will feature contributions from Weatherfield's past and present cast and crew and will use time-lapse photography to show how the new set took over two years to build in order to make the buildings wider and bigger to better suit modern high-definition televisions.
The cast filmed their final scenes at the old set in December last year and the historical venue will open as an attraction in April, giving fans the chance to tour the set, explore Stage One and walk around the exterior site which features the street's famous cobbles.
The Quay Street studio has been in use since 1982 with a number of smaller locations being used prior to that since the soap first started in 1960.
'Corrie' stars including Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) and Sue Nicholls (Audrey Roberts) helped launch the new set last year.20-02-2014
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'
- The Voice don't want X Factor 'cast-offs'
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor