Coronation Street documentary to air next month
'Coronation Street - Moving Story' is set to air next month.
The hour-long documentary will follow the relocation of the soap's set from Quay Street in Manchester city centre to MediaCityUK in Salford - which is the home to ITV and BBC head offices - and will air on ITV at 9pm on Thursday, March 6.
The programme will feature contributions from Weatherfield's past and present cast and crew and will use time-lapse photography to show how the new set took over two years to build in order to make the buildings wider and bigger to better suit modern high-definition televisions.
The cast filmed their final scenes at the old set in December last year and the historical venue will open as an attraction in April, giving fans the chance to tour the set, explore Stage One and walk around the exterior site which features the street's famous cobbles.
The Quay Street studio has been in use since 1982 with a number of smaller locations being used prior to that since the soap first started in 1960.
'Corrie' stars including Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) and Sue Nicholls (Audrey Roberts) helped launch the new set last year.20-02-2014
- Dennis Waterman: New Tricks not the same
- Katie Hopkins to have open-brain surgery
- Mary Berry's husband 'laughed' at Sexiest Woman title
- Dannii Minogue returning to The X Factor?
- Jess Wright: I 'friend-zoned' Pete Wicks
- Sally Dynevor worries she'll be axed from Coronation Street
- Stacey Solomon 'really hurt' following Steve-O split
- Steve Jones to host new E4 dating show