Corrie's Carla for shock pregnancy
'Coronation Street's' Carla Barlow will discover she's pregnant next week.
The Weatherfield character's husband Peter Barlow (Peter Gascoyne) - who has been having an affair with Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) - will be forced to re-evaluate his recent antics when his wife drops a baby bombshell.
A soap source said: ''Life is going to throw the Barlows a curveball! It's the last thing that either of them expected and it'll stir up many complex emotions - mostly, what on earth is Carla going to do with the baby?''
Peter will be torn between his two lovers, but it's not yet known whether he will give up his affair now Carla (Alison King) is pregnant.
The source told Inside Soap magazine: ''That's a good question but you'd have hoped he wouldn't do the dirty on Carla full stop - pregnant or not!
''We know that Peter genuinely adores Carla and she is his soulmate. His feelings for her have never wavered, he's just got a lot of love to give and Tina's been tempting him.
''Let's hope he can see the error of his ways before another innocent victim is dragged into all of this.''20-02-2014
- Noel Edmonds begs stalker to leave him alone
- EastEnders' Diane Parish to celebrate 10 years on soap with bottle of booze
- Ferne McCann's Vampire facial
- Rita Ora sparks The X Factor and The Voice bidding war
- Emmerdale's Adam Fielding quits Emmerdale
- James Norton returns to West End after four years
- Linford Christie quits The Jump
- Mario Falcone wants kids and marriage