Corrie's Carla for shock pregnancy
'Coronation Street's' Carla Barlow will discover she's pregnant next week.
The Weatherfield character's husband Peter Barlow (Peter Gascoyne) - who has been having an affair with Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) - will be forced to re-evaluate his recent antics when his wife drops a baby bombshell.
A soap source said: ''Life is going to throw the Barlows a curveball! It's the last thing that either of them expected and it'll stir up many complex emotions - mostly, what on earth is Carla going to do with the baby?''
Peter will be torn between his two lovers, but it's not yet known whether he will give up his affair now Carla (Alison King) is pregnant.
The source told Inside Soap magazine: ''That's a good question but you'd have hoped he wouldn't do the dirty on Carla full stop - pregnant or not!
''We know that Peter genuinely adores Carla and she is his soulmate. His feelings for her have never wavered, he's just got a lot of love to give and Tina's been tempting him.
''Let's hope he can see the error of his ways before another innocent victim is dragged into all of this.''20-02-2014
- Amanda Holden to 'shadow' Holly Willoughby on This Morning set
- James 'Arg' Argent urged to stop partying
- Tom Daley planning to tie the knot?
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Jay Gardner defends Ricci Guarnaccio
- Claire King has left Celebrity Big Brother house
- Catherine Tyldesley is engaged
- Kellie Bright 'honoured' by difficult rape storyline