Jada Pinkett Smith to star in Gotham
Jada Pinkett Smith has been cast a villain in the Batman prequel 'Gotham' .
The 42-year-old actress will play the evil gangster, Fish Mooney, in the TV adaptation and has been described as embodying an ''imposing, hotheaded and notoriously sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner with street smarts and almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book who is not one to be crossed.''
The series will focus on the younger years of Jim Gordon, who will be played by 'The O.C.' actor Ben McKenzie before he was appointed police commissioner of Gotham City.
Jada will star alongside Robin Lord Taylor, who plays the orphaned outcast who works for Fish Mooney, in addition to Oswald Cobblepot, Sean Pertwee, Wayne Manor, Zabryna Guevara, Erin Richards and Donal Logue.
'CSI' director Danny Cannon is set to helm the pilot, while 'The Mentalist' creator Bruno Heller will write and executive produce.
Jada - who has two children, 15-year-old son Jaden and 13-year-old daughter Willow with Will Smith - has previously starred in 'Scream 2' and 'The Nutty Professor'.20-02-2014
- Richard Hammond is 'not about to quit' his mates
- Matt Smith 'in talks to play Prince Philip in The Crown'
- MasterChef contestant compared to Mr Monopoly
- Celebrity Big Brother star diagnosed with cancer
- Scientologists make Louis Theroux movie
- This Morning to show live semen facial
- Ed Sheeran does his 'tasty dance' on Brothers Green: EATS!
- Alan Halsall still 'challenged' by Corrie