Mr Selfridge gets third series
ITV has commissioned 'Mr Selfridge' for a third series.
The hit period drama starring Jeremy Piven will return for a new series next year, reports RadioTimes.com reports.
The show - which also stars Amanda Abbington and Katherine Kelly - is currently airing on Sunday nights, but has struggled in the ratings opposite BBC One's big budget action drama 'The Musketeers', which has also been picked up for a new series.
The news is sure to please fans of 'Mr Selfridge', which has been a huge hit for ITV along with 'Downton Abbey' and 'Broadchurch', and it seems lead actor Jeremy's family are among the show's biggest fans.
The 48-year-old star said previously: ''The response to the first series was amazing. My mother is an acting teacher and it's the first time she has given me brilliant feedback about one of my shows. She loved it, as did my niece, who is eight years old. It's a show that appeals to all ages.
''I have been to Selfridges since the show aired and I have had some funny looks in there. Once a woman came up to me asking if I could talk to 'my staff' as she had a query about in-store manicures and pedicures. I still have no idea if she was joking or not!''20-02-2014
- Pregnant Holly Willoughby 'can't wait to wallow'
- Mark Wright in talks for Strictly Come Dancing
- Lauren Goodger to show 'sweet side' on Celebrity Big Brother
- Jake Wood signs up for Strictly Come Dancing
- Grace Andrews' TOWIE tears
- Peter Capaldi's 'mysterious' Doctor Who
- Vicky Pattison: Mum stopped speaking to me after on-screen romp
- Denise Van Outen doesn't want more kids