Mark Wright: Michelle Keegan changed me
Mark Wright says Michelle Keegan changed him.
The former 'The Only Way is Essex' lothario has credited his stunning 'Coronation Street' fiancée with changing his life, but admits she - and her family - were initially wary of him because of his playboy reputation.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''In the past I have lived like a lot of young boys - meeting a lot of people and having a fun time. But the moment I met Michelle I was a completely different man.
''In the beginning Michelle did say to me, 'I imagined you would be different.' I tried to explain myself but she said, 'Don't go there.'
''I get on with her family so well, and her dad keeps me in place. At first he wouldn't let loose until he got to know me. Now he likes me and we play badminton and golf together.''
The 27-year-old star popped the question to the 'Corrie' actress last year after struggling to be away from her for three months while he filmed his new ITV2 reality show.
He explained: ''I was desperate to see her. I missed her so much and that's when I realised, 'F***ing hell, this is intense.' I couldn't be away from her for that long, so I thought I'm going to get on this flight and propose. I flew Michelle to Dubai and that's where I told her I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.''26-02-2014
- Rylan Clark asks Gok Wan to be stylist for his wedding
- Sam Faiers dating property developer
- Dan Osborne's ex-girlfriend denies leaking tape
- Sir Roger Moore reprises role as James Bond for Comic Relief
- Michelle Collins wants EastEnders return
- Mary Berry not ready to retire
- Jamie Laing doesn't want Spencer to wed
- Holly Willoughby quickly knew husband was The One